It’s winter, and it’s Corona – What is the best I can do for my immune system right now?
The key lies in the word ‘system’. No single remedy will stop you from catching a virus. But you can employ a number of defenses to strengthen your immune system – especially during winter, when germs have a better chance of knocking your feet out from under you.
Try a combination of the following to zap those nasties:
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and proteins from plants.
- Supplement with Vitamin C, as well as with Vitamin D and Omega 3.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Follow a regular exercise routine to help your immune system cells move freely through your body.
- Don’t smoke or drink too much alcohol.
- Get enough sleep, at regular times.
- Cut your stress, especially chronic stress such as from relationships or an excessive workload.
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds at a time, and cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
The role of supplements in boosting your immune system
When it comes to general virus protection, it looks like those who don’t eat enough of certain foods may suffer from micronutrient malnutrition. This is a deficiency in essential vitamins and trace minerals such as zinc, selenium, iron, copper, folic acid, and vitamins A, B6, C, and E.
A daily multivitamin and mineral supplement will ensure that you get all the necessary essential vitamins and trace elements, while it could also hold other health benefits.
The KIRKMAN range of proprietary, comprehensive multivitamin and mineral supplements for both adults and children is particularly well suited. These hypoallergenic supplements are free from common allergens, and are purely plant based.
Our best-selling Vitamin C supplement comes in a liposomal formulation, which makes it highly bio-available. That means it’s more efficient and less likely to cause bowel upset, a major issue with high doses of regular vitamin C.
As for the Coronavirus, according to a study quoted in Medical Brief, vitamin D enhances our innate (inborn) immune system to protect us against serious complications and death if we should contract Covid-19. Invest in Health’s all-natural cod liver oil products contain not only vitamin D, but also immune-boosting vitamin A and omega 3.
A Zinc deficiency is another immune weakness that should be corrected to protect you against various pathogens, including Covid-19. A study in the American Journal of Clinical Medicine points to the crucial role that zinc plays, from the barrier of the skin to gene regulation. KIRKMAN ZINC, in either capsule or liquid form, will ensure that you ingest sufficient amounts of this most important pathogen-fighting substance.